Flying from one airport to another is called "cross-country flight." Several methods of navigation are used for cross-country flying, following maps of terrain features, and computing wind effects. These skills are taught as part of pilot training and students practice them both with and without their flight instructors on board.

Recreational Aircaft give you a good grounding in general flying skills at an affordable cost. At Inspire Aviation we own and operate very low hour LSA type aircraft. Moving on to bigger aircraft is easy when you receive the correct training from the beginning.

You do not need to study physics or maths at school to obtain a pilot licence. Having this knowledge certainly does help, but is in no way a requirement. If you wish to become an airline pilot you may need both physics and maths - both are typically an entry requirement. Individual airline recruiting websites will list requirements.

Inspire Aviation carries an insurance policy that covers students, instructors, and renters. If you require additional coverage, there are several aviation insurance companies that can grant a more comprehensive plan.

Students are not allowed to carry passengers on solo flights. A passenger may observe a flight lesson with an instructor, however, as long as the instructor consents. Once a certificate has been earned, private pilots may carry as many passengers as their aircraft are legally equipped to carry. Recreational Pilots must earn a Passenger Carrying Endorsement, and then they may carry passengers.